Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Debugging from ECC into SRM

Hi everyone,

I've been studying some programs in ECC that call functions in SRM (RFCs).

Do you know what I should do in order to start debugging in ECC and continue with the debugging in SRM?

I also need to do the opposite: debug a program in SRM and its RFCs in ECC.

I've read recommendations concerning web debugging, and it consisted of setting

GENERATEDYNPRO parameter equal to 1 in SICF transaction. Is there another parameter to be considered for the aforementioned situation?

Thanks in advance!

If you want to do some debugging from one system to the other, set the RFC user that is used in the RFC connection which is used when the FM is called to DIALOG in SU01.

Set a break point just before the call to the backend. Now use F5 to jump to the other system. This works both ways.

For example take SRM to ECC with order replication in Extended Classic Scenario:

1. Set a session breakpoint in function module B46B_DPO_TRANSFER on line 290 (at least when using ECS scenario and SRM 5 with ECC 6 as backend) where the FM BBP_PO_INBOUND is called:

The lv_destination is the SM59 RFC connection (the user defined in this connection must be dialog and have debugging rights, or you can change the destination here).

2. Find a GUID of an order and enter this GUID in FM BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC_V2 (or BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC)

3. When it stops at your breakpoint hit F5 for the next step (enter the FM) and you will continue to debug in the called system.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question