cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS session disconnected in slow connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're having problems with our ITS connections using connection which is slow and has long delay, yet the packet loss shouldn't be too high. For some reason SAP ITS is handling this connection very poorly compared to some other softwares and I was if there's something wrong with our setup or if there's some parameters we could test to stop sessions being cut. When using "normal" fast connections the session can last until "rdisp/plugin_auto_logout" is reached, yet not even this is 100% quaranteed.

Our environment consist of SRM 3.5 (with EBP 4.0) and ITS 6.20, patchlevel 14. Browser is IE 6.0.

Is there a way, for instance turn of the "user friendly" error messages on ITS and replace it with somewhat more informative message. There is quite a lot of entries in our ITS diagnostics.log, but I haven't found anything with those entries from notes or web.

We're rather new with SAP so I would appriciate even just a direction were to head at so we could start to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Jussi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jussi,

Most of the ITS error messages are customizable. For instance, if you would like the "invalid session" error message to be different you could modify the ..\templates\system\dm\invalidsession.html file. I would recommend copying the invalidsession.html to the ..\templates\system\pm\ directory then modifying the file in the pm directory. As long as the ~runtimemode is pm in the global.srvc file then it should display the customized invalidsession.html file from the pm directory instead.

As for the errors, how slow is the slow connection? Furthermore, the ITS has it's own timeout values as well. Please see note 375065 and the ITS Service Parameter Guide for further details about the ~timeout and ~usertimeout settings.

Best regards,

Edgar

Answers (0)