cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport empty KM folder in /documents to QA and PRD

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I created a KM Folder in the /documents area and would like to have it in my QA and PRD Systems as well.

Can anyone tell me what the standard procedure to transport content like a KM Folder from DEV to QA and PRD?

Thanks, Ken Murray

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks! I am guessing somewhere in all of this content is my solution. I'll spend my next few weeks digesting this. Nothing is ever simple..

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken Murray,

Check below blogs for KM Transport

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/u/251732004

Regards

Krishna.

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks! I am guessing somewhere in all of this content is my solution. I'll spend my next few weeks digesting this. Nothing is ever simple..

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any chance before I jump in that you could provide a couple of sentences describing what the process is all about? and maybe what you do?

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your Enterprise Portal you have a lot of KM documents which are accessible via Content Management. In order to provide these documents to other portals you plan to use the ICE (Information and Content Exchange) functionality of KM.

Syndicator: Content source/provider

Subscriber: Content receiver/consumer

Content delivery is based on a package concept. A subscription results in the transmission of a series of packages, which consist of some meta information as well as the actual content in the form of items or references (URLs). The complete content of a subscription is called a collection and results from the successive appendage and cancellation operations of a package sequence. To update a collection, both, a complete as well as an incremental update is possible.

1. Content Transport (Documents/Folders):

Using Information and Content Exchange Protocol (ICE).

ICE offers only contain KM content

It is only possible to include KM resources such as folders and documents in an ICE offer. It is not possible to distribute configuration settings or functionality between two or more portals using ICE.

Basically, you have to configure one portal that acts as a syndicator and one or more portals that act as subscribers.

2. Configuration Transport: Configuration would include the services like subscription, ratings, the commands that you configured if any, the layouts you have set and many more. Typical properties would be when is it created, modified, who is the author for the document/folder , what is the current version of the document. Typical constraints would include who sees what documents, who has what level of privileges for which documents.