cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pivot Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to know where exactly Pivot Table is saved. I created a pivot table in the import manager but when i close the import manager the table is lost. I have to save a map and open it later on to get back the created pivot table. If the pivot table is saved in map then why does it requires an updatable database i.e delimited text, etc. Why doesn't it work with excel?

Kindly help me out to solve this query.

Thank You.

Regards,

Seema.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As stated above you cannot save the map for pivot table.

The data source must be updateable in order for MDM to

create the new pivot or reverse pivot table. However, you can still perform the steps leading up to table creation – including the preview –even on a data source that is not updateable, so that you can explore pivoting or reverse pivoting as a transformation option. If you then decide you want to actually create the new table, convert the data source into a format that is updateable (such as Microsoft Access) and

perform the pivot or reverse pivot on the new data source.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. The pivot table will not be saved in a map once it is created in import manager.

2. Pivot table can be updated in the source file itself, if it is a updatable database like MS-Access.

3. it will not be updated to EXCEL because it is not a updatable.

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinvas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema

Its no use saving the map.When u pivot a table in Import Manager the original table gets converted (u can check by opening the original db table)

So what u can do is next time when u import use the pivoted table ie the modified table in db as source.

This will reduce ur work

Regards

Prabuddha

**Plz award points if answer suffices ur query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Seema.

Pivot table cannot be saved as a map. after importing the values will be updated in a updatable db likes Acess etc.....