Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have some doubts in relation to Web Bex Query designer -

1) Is Web Bex query designer possible through a browser apart from Enterprise Portal.

2) While installing the BI content for queries i have different object types for web templates - BTMP, TMPL.

I have activated the web template in TMPL and i can see the same in the portal environment. However, since my Info Provider is Z one the standard template wont work, therefore i need to go to the web application designer (WAD) and copy standard one and change the info provider. My Infoprovider is a copy of the standard info provider.

However, i cannot see the standard web template which is installed from TMPL (BI Content) in Bex WAD

Can anybody help me on this and make me understand this better!!!

Thank You

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Is Web Bex query designer possible through a browser apart from Enterprise Portal.

--> You can execute it standalone in BW 3.5. With BI 7.0 you need EP 7 for new functions.

2) While installing the BI content for queries i have different object types for web templates - BTMP, TMPL.
I have activated the web template in TMPL and i can see the same in the portal environment. However, since my Info Provider is Z one the standard template wont work, therefore i need to go to the web application designer (WAD) and copy standard one and change the info provider. My Infoprovider is a copy of the standard info provider.

However, i cannot see the standard web template which is installed from TMPL (BI Content) in Bex WAD

--> TMPL is for 3.5 template and BTMP is for BI 7.0 templates. For opening 7.0 template you need to use BI 7.0 WAD not 3.5 WAD.