Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert statement in BTE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement to create a record in one custom table in a BTE.

The problem here is that the record should get created only when the whole process is complete and the standard process issues a database commit.

What happens is that the BTE is called somewhere in the mid of the process and I am writing an INSERT statement in the BTE. The record gets created instantly, and this is not desirable. After the whole standard process is successful, the standard program issues a COMMIT-WORK statement.

I want that this database entry gets created only with this commit.

There is no other BTE available for this process which can be used. Please suggest ways to achieve the above.

Thanks in advance,

Archana.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a update function module in se37..And do your updates in the function module..

Then in BTE..call the function module IN UPDATE TASK..so that when the main program issues COMMIT WORK then only your code will be triggered

Thanks

Naren

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Move your code to a custom function module and call your custom FM in the BTE in background task. This should fix the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a update function module in se37..And do your updates in the function module..

Then in BTE..call the function module IN UPDATE TASK..so that when the main program issues COMMIT WORK then only your code will be triggered

Thanks

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved this by inserting after Commit Work of the standard program !