Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in FCC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Working on File to Idoc scenario.

I need to map the Host_file field details as the output file name in the scenario.

I am using the content conversions as:

MTmatmas.fieldSeparator ,

ItemList.fieldSeparator ,

ItemList.endSeparator 'nl'

FileName.fieldFixedLengths 0

FileName.endSeparator '0'

FileName.fixedLengthTooShortHandling Cut

I am using a UDF for this. The input for this is:

abcd |

My output should be

a

b

c

d

I am getting the expected output. As we used the end seperator as 'nl' the cursor is on the next line after "d".

My requirement is the cursor should stay after the CRLF function at "d" and do not come to the next line.

Is there any FCC parameter to control this?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Manoj Kumar Musunuri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

<b>Receiver contant conversion:</b> When new line is not being created by using <b>endSeparator – ‘nl’</b>.

Instead of <b>endSeparator 'nl'</b> try this out: '0x0D''0x0A'

Remove 'nl' and put '0x0D''0x0A' for endSeparator and give a try once again.

Regards,

Sarvesh

***Reward points, if helpfull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh

Thank You. The isssue got resolved.

Regards,

Manoj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Below links for File content covertion.

File content conversion sites

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Phani

Reward Points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

At the end of the file do not apecify "nl" which is used for new line. By default endSeparator use a line break and does not put the cursor in the next line.

Check this help file NameA.endSeparator section, see if it can help you:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Subhasha