cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macro not executed in the background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a macro to delete the forecast and it is working fine in the foreground, whenever i'm running it in the background, it is not getting executed, no forecast is getting deleted. In the job logs, it is giving the following message:

"No data has been changed; data must not be save".

I have tried with different logics for the macro, all are working fine in the foreground, coming to backgroung, nothing is working.

Please help me out.

Thank you

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Activate your Advanced Macro as "No Direct Execution".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the data view you are using contains default macros. You might need to include the default macro in the activity as pre-requisite for the macro you are trying to run.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am hoping the Job log is showing all the CVCs that the macro is working on, based on the selection IDs. Ensure you have appropriate data views and planning books while defining the activity and job. There is no reason why it should not run in background if it is running in foreground.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a new selection ID with one product and one location and i created a new activity and a job with only one selection ID. I have selected the appropriate planning book and dataview. still i'm unable to execute it in the background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check if Data is locked by any other job on which this macro is performing?

Best Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Can you let us know the logic that you have used?

Best Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have written a simple logic that the keyfigure should be multiplied with zero.

Thank you.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

For executing in background, you need to set up the 'DP Background' jobs. You must ensure that you define a proper Selection ID in Interactive Planning and assign this selection ID to the DP background job. If the proper selection data is not picked up by the Macro, then it may not execute. Hope you have followed that process of setting up Background DP jobs correctly.

Also note that when you execute the Macro in background, if data has not been changed, you generally get a message saying 'data not saved'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinidhi,

I have created the activity, job and selected the respective selection id. still i'm unable to execute the macro in the bakground.

Regards,

Raj