cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to BEx web application designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i'm doing a business intelligence project and i need to use BEx program to start my project but now i can't login to the web application designer as it kept on showing the below error. I can't understand the error and i need to come out with this project in 1 month time. Pls anyone can help me in this area?

Error Group

RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION

Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM GWHOST=Server3, GWSERV=sapgw00, SYSNR=00

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR partner 'Server3:3300' not reached

TIME Wed Oct 17 17:14:27 2007

RELEASE 710

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 39

RC -10

MODULE nixxi.cpp

LINE 2985

DETAIL NiPConnect2

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO 10060

ERRNO TEXT WSAETIMEDOUT: Connection timed out

COUNTER 1

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem.

Workaround which used for me.

To use the servername and not the IP Adress in the SAP Logon information.

BR

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

in BW system , go to t-code SM59 --> TCP/IP connection, here you need to correct the connection of IGS (say IGS_RFC_DEST). Please do check this connection.

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your reply Pankaj=D

But for my computer it does not have a BW system because on my computer i only have a business explorer link to the web application designer. May i know what i can do or is there a alternative to use web application designer without log in?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt. You have to corect the RFC connection as parameters might be incorrect there.

But you may want to wait some more time for expert comments here from our colleagues.

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i can't find the t-code SM59, is it in the BW folder when i access the the SAP folder in my hard drive? i'm sorry for asking so much because i not quite good in business intelligence stuff and my deadline for this project is coming soon

Thank

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RFC check and changes has to be done on BW systems/server. Since you are not havving access to SAP logon pad, someone else has to actually logon to BW system and then do the check in SM59.

Or else, you can also access BW system via link:

http://<server_name>:<server_port>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/!

(for ex: http://10.10.18.201:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/!)

Port number you have to get from Basis person.

But for this link to work, someone need to activate ITS related service from transaction SICF

1) path is - sap/public/bc/its/mimes

2) sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

3) Publish the service “Webgui” to site Internal as follows

&#61664; Go to transaction SE80.

&#61664; Go to Utilities -> Settings.

&#61664; Go to tab “Internet Transaction Server” and Select the site as INTERNAL and save the settings.

Regards

Pankaj