Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX Queries not starting from BW browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

When BW queries are started from the BW browser, excel is opened but the query does not start.

Running the query from the analyser works fine. We know its due to a missing authorisation. By assigning users sap_all, queries will start and execute from browser.

Thanks!

this is urgent..........

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hana,

find the role and assing to the user

to do that use the authoriztion object S_RS_COMP

go yo SUIM transaction

SUIM>>ROLES>>BY AUTHORIZATION VALUES give the object name S_RS_COMP and press enter and in that give the component name that is notting but a query name and execute

assign that role to user and check from BW browser

hope this helps

thanks

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i tired that. In suim kept blank the fields for S_RS_COMP and executed. My role does appear that I have assigned to users. so not sure where to go from here. can you further advise?

0 Kudos

Hi Hanna,

dont put blank give the query name in the object S_RS_COMP i the field

<b> Type of a reporting component</b>

then you will get the roles

thanks

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i tried a query name and the roles do appear . so still unsure what the issue is here.

0 Kudos

did you assign the role to user and did the user compare

and check logoff and login

is the user is having the access for transaction RRMX if not assign to user

as you said if you porvide SAP_ALL to user is works

hope this helps

thanks

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i tried all that but still have the same issue.rmmx is defined in role that the user has access to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hana,

You should begin with ST01, it will tell you what authorization are missing for the users on their roles to run the query. Look for RC=1, 4 or 12 depending the version of BW you are running. Most probably you will see on Auth Object S_RS_COMP.

From there you can either find a role that contains those missing authorization as describe by Kishore and assign the role(s) to the users.

Or you can fixed the current user's role(s).

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Lye

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

tried all the above but but st01 does not help much. role is assigned to user. its a hard one to track down. any more input would be appreciated