cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Workspace & workspace folder for JDI 6.40 sp9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using WAS 6.4 sp9 with Oracle 9i. I created some tracks , workspace folders & workspaces under them for testing the JDI. but Now I want to clean up everything and make it ready for development. When I am trying to delete workspace folder & workspace using both NWDS (remove form client option) & command prompt(delete & deleteworkspace command). I could not. I am using administrator so no question of authorization here I suppose. these are the error msgs

In NWDS:

<i>

12:42:27.125 REMOVE (PENDING: Reset synced version failed - folder expected (WORKSPACE)) active (C:\Documents and Settings\ashutoshd\dtr\nwdev\test1\hcltech_ORG\cons\active\)

12:42:27.125 REMOVE (PENDING: Reset synced version failed - folder expected (WORKSPACE)) inactive (C:\Documents and Settings\ashutoshd\dtr\nwdev\test1\hcltech_ORG\cons\inactive\)

12:42:27.140 REMOVE (PENDING: Reset synced version failed - folder expected (WORKSPACE)) active (C:\Documents and Settings\ashutoshd\dtr\nwdev\test1\hcltech_ORG\dev\active\)

etc....

</i>

in Command Prompt:

<i>

>deleteworkspace -w Test/WS1

Could not delete workspaceConflict [(pre||post)-condition failed: x:cannot-delet

e-wsp-repository-name-not-set]

>delete Test

Folder item "Test" is not activity recorded

Try "deleteworkspace" command for deleting workspaces.

</i>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

To delete a workspace, certain pre-conditions need to be satisfied, and one of the conditions is that a display-name should be set for the DTR repository. (This pre-condition has been removed from SP11).

In order to set the repository display name, go to:

http://<host>:<port>/dtr/sysconfig/support/RepositoryConfig

(The /sysconfig/ is not shown as a member of the root. You will have to directly go to the above resource)

Provide a display name and click on 'Set'. After this, you should be able to delete the workspace if all other pre-conditions are satisfied.

Note: Other pre-conditions include,

- You should have administrative privileges

- There should be no open activities in the workspace.

Please take a look at note 855537 - it explains how to delete a "Workspace folder".

Also, take a look at note 782995 - it describes a feature of DTR ("empty folders are not transported").

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manohar,

i followed your advice and could ablr to delete some of the workspaces using command prompt.

but for workspace folder I followed as per note 855537 but it gave error whiling deleting which written to a temp file. I tried tied check that html file the error was

<i>requested resource does not exist.</i>

I have no idea what to do.

First thing is:

is there any why to bring back the folder structure to nothing. I mean to say doing some deletion from server file system or editing any xml doc in which it maintens folder structure?

Secondly:

if first one is not doable them any why to hide these extra folders using ACL or any other means. (when I tried to modify ACL for a perticular FOLDER it always goes to the root level when I tried to edit)?

Regards

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Adition to Manohar's suggestions , Notes and preconditions,

in NWDS

1)Sync the workspace folder

2)Start deleting files,then folders,then using command prompt delete workspace.

3)Inorder to delete workspacefolder open an IE, file open give the path of the workspacefolder,check the check box

Open as WebFolder.Here you can delete workspace folder.

Regards,

RK