Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assign t codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got a request to assign a tcode to a user in a production system ,

i cannot create new role for this t code,

so how can i view the particular authorisation of that t code.

or what i the procedure of doing this,

please let me know

thanks in advance

akshat

7 REPLIES 7

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Find a suitable role and add the transaction via the menu part of PFCG.

Then go into authorization maintenance and check the values.

With transaction SU24, you can check which default values will be pulled into the role by doing that, and change them if you find them not to be suitable.

I don't know enough about your architecture, but I suggest you do that in DEV, transport the role to QAS and let the user test, then transport to PRD on success.

Also keep in mind that all users that already have that role will get access to the new transaction!

And lastly, my standard recommendation to visit the ADM940 SAP training where you can learn more details around authorization management.

Hope that helps,

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another way round:

Open the Role for the user in PFCG in which you want to assign the tcode in edit mode.

Go to Menu Tab--->Click the Add Transaction Button->Add the Tcode Save.

This will automatically add the required Auth objects for the said tcode.

Pl award suitably.

Regards

0 Kudos

but how to search for a role that has those t codes. i think by your procedure all the users which are associated with that role will get access , but i dont want that to happen .

basically what my approach was that to search for roles which have that t codes and directly assigning those roles to the users.

0 Kudos

Hi Akshat,

use the T-code SUIM to search the role for the required Transaction

procedure

SUIM>>Role>>by Transaction assignment

from here you can find the roles for you transaction

Thanks

kishore

0 Kudos

Yes,

But you dont assign tcode to users rather u assign it to a role and then assign the role to a user.

Another way is you create a role with the particular tcode and assign it to the user concerned.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your SAP security administrator

0 Kudos

I echo John's response.

A security admin will know how to do this; if <i></i> <i>you</i> are the security admin, I strongly recommend learning the basics of security before even touching anything.

Go to SAP help, look up authorization concept, look at the "Authorizations Made Easy book".