cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Currency Clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I post a vendor invoice in foreign currency and also make a payment of the same in foreign currency. But the system does not generate line item for foreign exchange gain/loss. The exchange rate it determines for open item clearing is the same used to book the invoice and not the one entered in the payment document header. Hence, no exchange difference gain/loss is determined. What could be possible reason for this ?

Thanks,

Shalin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, I have checked the document overview screen flipping the foreign/local currency...No forex gain/loss line item is being generated. While posting to the open item, it shows warning messsage that exchange rate has been recalculated to 40.50(exchange rate at the time of invoice).

Thanks,

Shalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalin,

Please let me know if you had checked the doucment overview screen by flipping to local currency/document currency to see the FX loss/gain line items.

Thank you,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The GL account has been set in OB09. It seems that it is not generating exc rate difference line item because it is not determining any difference in the exchange rate. It is picking the same exchange rate as was entered in the invoice, and not which is entered in the payment document header. Why is it determining the same exchange rate which was entered at the time of invoice ?

Thanks,

Shalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

line item not generated means no GL has maintained.

So maintain GL for foreign exchange gain / loss in Tcode - OB09

Regds

sunfico