Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Message to Users - How to

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i want to send Express Message to all Current Users in the one application Server. How can i do that?

I can able to see all the Users by Using SM04. with this one can i Send Express message? or i have use some other Tcode.?

Thnx,

Siva

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tx SM02

google for "System Message"

0 Kudos

hi,

i can send msg to all Users in a Particular Client. but i want to send msg to particular User not all users. How can i do that?

Thx

siva

0 Kudos

Originally you asked: "i want to send Express Message to all Current Users in the one application Server"

If you want to send to individual users, the easiest way that I know of is to use function module (SE37) TH_POPUP

This will let you send a message to an individual user.

If you want to send to more than 1 user then get your ABAP team to put together some code that uses TH_POPUP to submit to a list of users

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is two ways:

If you want to send a express message via SAP mail

Execute SO00 (S O zero zero). Create the message. Put the user name in the recepiant list and click the Express button (Expr.Mail Yello arrow).

If yu want to give a system message, all the users will view it the moment they log on or if they r already logged on.

SM02--->Create button (Ctrl+F10) Write the msg and fill the tabs as per requirement.

Then select the message and press enter.

Hope this helps.

Pl award suitably.

Regards

0 Kudos

SO00 is in Business Workplace. if we send using this, that will be sent as an email not like express message. i want msg to be delivered as a Pop up or Express Msg. why im telling this is, some user in the System may not be having rights to use Business workplace.So, They can't see what has come.

i want to send a message immediately to a particular user Stating that " dont use"

or something. if i ve been sending it throu' SO00, they will not immediately come to know that some msg has come. in this case, What can be done?

Thx

Siva

0 Kudos

Then use the function module TH_POPUP in tcode SE37 as suggested above by Alex

0 Kudos

> i want to send a message immediately to a

> particular user Stating that " dont use"

> or something. if i ve been sending it throu' SO00,

> they will not immediately come to know that some msg

> has come. in this case, What can be done?

As I wrote earlier, use function module TH_POPUP. Unlike a system message it doesn't need a user to perform a dialog step before the message pop ups. You only need to write some code around it if you want to send to more than one user