cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading external test data in ecatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can we upload external test data from files into table controls using ecatt.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we can upload a file containing test data in eCATT.

This cab be achieved by using ABAP….ENDABAP block.

Follow the steps below I am sure you will get the solution for your problem.

You can use ecatt any version but should support the ABAP….ENDABAP ecatt statements.

Steps:

1. get the number of record in the file. For that write an abap…endabap block and declare an internal table and get the number of records and store in a local variable(count) of ecatt.

2. Use Do…Enddo statement and loop count number of times.

3. call ABAP…ENDABAP block in the loop and load the data from file using

gui_upload and read the internal table using index.

4. and store the data in the local variables and pass then to screen fields (VALIN) type.

This worked fine in my program. Expecting the same with you also. If you want the code mail me I will send you the sample code.

Prasadbabu.koribilli@gmail.com

Regards,

Prasad babu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also doing in same way, but it is talking mor time.

please tell me how to avoid GUI_UPLOAD in Do and ENDDO.

Thanks & Regards

Peram Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

To upload external data, you need Web AS 6.40. You also need a test configuration in addition to you script (from the script editor, choose Utilities -> Test Configuration -> Create ).

From a test configuration, you can download the parameter structure of your script ( Edit -> Variants -> Download), fill it using Excel, then either upload it again or just run the configuration specifying the location of the external data.

For details of how to parameterize a table control, please refer to my answer to Neelima's post <i>Populating data into table controls in ecatt.</i>