cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the use of ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

what is the use of ITS..........why we need it in portal Landscape.

Thanks in Advance,

Sakthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

the the Internet Transaction Server (ITS) is used to generate the SAP GUI for HTML. SAP GUI for HTML is a client software used to access SAP R/3 systems.

Contrary to the SAP GUI for Windows and the SAP GUI for Java you do not need a client installation to use the SAP GUI for HTML.

The integration of SAP R/3 transactions into SAP NetWeaver Portal supports all three SAP GUI clients. I would recommend to use the SAP GUI for HTML. It might be slower than the SAP GUI for Windows but as I said before you do not need a client installation anymore. This way you can access your R/3 transaction with you web browser via the portal.

Best regards,

Martin

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your valuable input......

Can you please give me more idea about client installation...........

You mean to say if I refer SAP GUI for Windows and SAP GUI for java....we should specify the client number of the SAP system(backend system) where we are trigerring the Transactions????????Please Clarify......

Thanks in Advance,

Sakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

as far as I understand you would like to integrate R/3 transactions into SAP NetWeaver Portal. Basically, you create a transaction iView and configure the iView correspondingly. Please have a look into the SAP Library section <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/88/266a3e54a2e946e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">Creating Transaction iViews</a>.

One of the properties you have to set during configuration is GuiType. There you specify which SAP client software you would like to integrate. Default is Webgui (SAP GUI for HTML). In this case the transaction must be Web-enabled. Therefore you need the ITS (see SAP Library section <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/86/17c43b6312210fe10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">SAP GUI for HTML</a>.

If you need help to configure you system object, then look into SAP Library section <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ea/d4df3df2ad685ae10000000a11405a/frameset.htm">Editing SAP System Properties</a>.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

there is no connection between the client software used to access the R/3 system (SAP GUI for HTML, SAP GUI for Windows, SAP GUI for Java) and the client number of a SAP R/3 system.

Basically, you can use one R/3 systems to manage business data for different companies (clients). Each client contains its own master records and set of tables. When you log onto a SAP R/3 system you have to specify for which client you would like to work.

When you install the SAP System, the following clients are available:

Client 000 as SAP reference client

Client 001 as production preparation client

Usually, you create your own clients with different client numbers. Please ask your SAP R/3 basis people in order to find out the correct client number.

Best regards,

Martin