Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with message mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am working on a JDBC-XI-RFC scenario.

I have two data types, two message types and two message interfaces.

now, i have created the message mapping and mapped the fields of both sender and reciever message types.

To test with sample data now, if i press the "test" tab, in the right side, i can see the "Instance" with the sender message type and its fields.

Later i entered the values to test the sample.

Affter this move, i am not able to see anything in the right side of the screen (RESULT)...

What might be the reason for this....???

Please help me......

Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pavan,

First test ur mapping.Go to <b>test</b> tab in ur message maaping->see below <b>before trace level</b> one icon is there(start transformation)->click on that -> r u getting "<b>Executed successfully</b>"???

If yes expand the source structure and give values.test again. u can see the output values on right side.u can follow the same procedure in IM also.

Regards

BILL

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was a small fault in the data type, which lead to this error in mapping.

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Pavan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavan,

Have you clicked 'start transformation' button, so then it will start executing and you will receive conformation message 'mapping transform successfull'.

If you done it and not getting the result, then the problem will be in your mapping.

what error message it shows?

Regards,

Yuva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yuvaraj,

When i executed the test, i came across the error as follows....

Message Mapping sender_mm | http://jdbcrfcns is not completely defined. The target message contains elements that must be defined for a target field mapping

Kindly help me....

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pavan,

the error is becoz the mapping isnt completely defined...i.e the mandatory fields marked in red shud be mapped first ...

plz chk n complete ur mapping

refer his also:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8a57d190-0201-0010-9e87-d8f327e1...

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pavan,

<b>The target message contains elements that must be defined for a target field mapping</b>

i guess u have missed some mandatory field in ur target message.find out the field/fields and map it with source.

regards

BILL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Alternatively you can test data thru Interface mapping screen. Go to Interface Mppping -> Click on Test tab -> Enter the value and click on start transformation.

You can see the output at receiver end.

Regards,

Subhasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subhasha,

Thanks for your tip.

I have entered the test data in Interface Mppping -> Click on Test tab -> .

But i am unable to find the 'Start transformation" button/link/icon....

Kindly help me...

regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Start Transformation button is used to execute the object. Its on the left hand bottom of the scrren, near to Trace Level you will find a button named "Start Transformation". Click on this and you will get the output once the transformation is complete.

There is some problem in the Sender message mapping named: sender_mm | http://jdbcrfcns

Please check where is the problem.

Regards,

Subhasha