cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no system id in attachment - RSWUWFML2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm using the report RSWUWFML2 to send mails when a user has an item in his workflow inbox. The mail is correctly send, with attachement, but when the user clicks on the attachement, SAP opens a logon-screen, and says that the system ID does not exist. When I look at the properties of the shortcut, I noticed that there's no System defined... I search for this problem on the net, but didn 't find a solution or similar case.

The attachment is opend from a web-based outlook mail (I don 't think that this influences the problem, but you never know )

thanks in advance !!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked this box, because I want an attachement to launch the workitem from the mail. The code from this attacment is as following :

[System]

Name=D01

Description=

Client=

[User]

Name=LOGON

Language=FR

[Function]

Title=

Command=*swnwiex p_action=DISPLAY; p_wi_id=000000001503; DYNP_OKCODE=ONLI

Type=Transaction

[Configuration]

GuiSize=Normal window

[Workflow]

Email=bjorn.demol@xxx.com

As you can see the line 'system' has no entry,this causes an error when the user executes the attachment...

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> [System]

> Name=D01

> Description=

> Client=

> [User]

>

> As you can see the line 'system' has no entry,this causes an error when the user executes the attachment...

>

Surely you mean we can see that the section 'System' <b>has</b> an entry?

Although you may not have the same situation I experienced, I have seen this problem myself. It was caused by saplogon.ini not having an entry for the system (D01). It is (was) not possible to specify a different INI file either, and in our environment they were using saplogon.ini for the development systems and a different file for the production systems. Thus I ended up modifying the code to have more information in the SAP Shortcuts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Kjetill, I mistyped, I meant that there was no entry in the client-field

You're describing perfectly my problem, so now I'm sure it's not me doing something wrong

thanks everyone for the info..

And my apologies that it took so long for answering, but one of my colleagues changed my password on SDN...

kr

Björn

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I noticed that I made some mistakes in my explanation :

I don 't have an entry in the field client.

So whatever I try, the field stays empty. I don 't see a solution, and my last hope is to debug the code and put the field hardcoded. Or is there someone who has a miracle solution ?

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid there is no miracle solution... perhaps except the Extended Notifications solution.

Look for the CREATE_SHORTCUT form and function module, that's where you need to modify - if you decide that you have to modify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kjetil,

thanks for the info. Apparently, extended notifications are active here (someone told me it was not possible, that's the reason I didn 't tried it) so I'll configure this.

Perhaps you can give me a little push in the right direction : how can I configure the texts for the mail in general settings ? SAP help tells to define own texts and put the ID, put I don 't see how to retreive these ID's when I create a message class and some texts..

Thanks !!

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the Right Way to Close the Thread...I would like to say all

Please close your POSTED THREADS with description as like this Thread.

"HOW YOU SOLVED"

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's quite confusing. The text ID's you see in the config are not the real text IDs. I was intrigued by the same question a long time ago and found it. There are actually a few threads available already for this topic.

, but also explaining how to find the real name of the text IDs.

Hope that helps. Or perhaps that wasn't even your question, because I am not sure if that was what you meant by not seeing how to retrieve the text IDs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kjetil,

that was were I was looking for, thanks.

Sorry if my posts are somewhat confusing, I noticed that I'm not always very clear about my problems/questions

thanks again for the help !!

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KDemol we appreciate you to accept your weakness in this SDN.

You are trying to say something that is good beginning, carry on try to improve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn

Check the variant on RSWUWFML2, this may be the cause. The attachment may be a link for workfitem execution. There is a checkbox on its selection screen under "Add Executable attachment for E mail for", make sure it is blank.

If the above does not help, let us know the attachment extension.

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there no system information at all in the message? I thought there should at least be the name of the system - which SAPLogon tries to match with an entry in saplogon.ini.

If there is no system information at all I think you should have a look (debug) at the program, in particularly the call to and code in the function module which creates the shortcuts.