cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORA-09817

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have executed Upgrade from Oracle 10.0.1 to 10.0.2 (OS: Solaris Unix sparc) executed the client copy and have since them the following error by starting Oracle:

>sqlplus /nolog

>connect / as sysdba

ORA-09817: Write to audit file failed

SVR4 Error 28 : No space left on device

If I execute

>connect

User: >system

PASS: >manager

ORA-00257: archiver error: Connect internal only until freed

In Alert Log I have seen the error:

ARCH1: Failed to archive thread 1 sequence 482 (19504)

In oraarch-directory I have now 6.593924 of data, meanwhile I have installed the system right now.

Should I copy the archives files and delete them from oraarch and them deactivate the archive mode?

How to solve this problem?

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thom

Addition to that check Disk space for you background and user dump dest It shd have some free space. which will have some audit and trace and core dump files. If you dont want them Delete them .

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This seems to be a situation Archiver Struck.

Pl ref notes

Note 391 - Archiver stuck

Note 14562 - BRARCHIVE - archiver stuck whisch says the following.

The archive logs in the archive directory must be backed up and deleted. To do this, you can call brarchive with option -sd or -ssd. Brarchive may issue several warning messages in the process, such as BR121W, BR252W, BR253W, BR301W with ORA-00257, and BR310W. You can ignore these warnings; they do not affect data security. If brarchive issues message BR018I immediately after startup:

BR018I Waiting for the next archive log...

you should cancel it with Control-C and start with an additional option, -n <number>, where <number> is the number of archive logs in the archive directory minus 1.

Caution:

Do not start BRARCHIVE with the database user "internal", but with the standard user "system" because, as a result, the system hangs.

Regards