Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am hiring an employee

<b>Case1:</b> Start 01.01.2007 then the sys is displaying the message as “change too far in past retro accounting only to 01.03.2007

<b>Case2:</b>Start 01.03.2007 then the sys is displaying the message as “Payroll area is locked for the master data maintenance”

<b>Case3:</b>I am hiring an employee with internal number range and I after I have created date in IT0000 the following message is displayed.

Message is displayed as follows "Employees with the same data exist. Select the identical employee or choose cancel if you want to create a new emp".

What should I do?

Regards

Jagadeesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

1. This means that the payroll controll record in transaction PA03 has the field Earliest retro acctg set to a payroll period beginning 01.03.2007. If it is correct to hire an employee earlier than this date you need to delete and receate the control record setting an earlier date (Be careful when doing this and check with your client first as there maybe be some reason they don't want to go back beyond that point).

2. This means that in transaction PA03 the payroll control record has a status of released for payroll, you will need to set the status to realeased for correction before you can enter any payroll data (again check with the client first as they may be running payroll)

3. This probably means that you have left an employee number in the PA40 screen when you executed the hiring action, when internal numbering you must leave this field blank when hiring someone.

Hope this helps,

Alec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alec,

1. In pa03 the paroll period is showing the date 01.04.2007, so you mean to say that I can't hire a person on/before this date.

2. The status in Released f. payroll

3. I am using the internal number range while hiring which mean to say I need not key in the date because the system picks the number from the intervals.

Regards

Jagadeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

1. When you look in transaction PA03 underneath the payroll period(between the two blue boxes you will see a field labelled " Earliest retro acctg period" and next to it a payroll period, the start date on this payroll period is displayed next to the payroll period. This is the date you cannot hire an employee before. You can delete the payroll control record an recreate a new one with an earlier payroll period in here if required.

2. If you want to hire an employee click on the button "Rel.f.correction"

3. You should enter a date but no personnel number

hope this helps,

Alec