SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booking business events

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more question about the subtleties of booking. How do I book individual events instead of a module?

• I created a module, enabled the sessions of offering

• I created a business event type as a template

• I created an actual academic event based on this template (through the Edit Event Offerings screen; transaction PIQACADOFFER00). I assigned an instructor, a time schedule and a room to the event.

Then, as usual, I go to the bookings screen. I pick a module in the fourth "selection" tab and copy it to the first "booking dialog" tab. However, whenever I select the copied module and hit the blue "business events" button, I see nothing inside. How to fix this behavior and book actual business events?

I can book the same module as module without any problems.

Janek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like I finally found it - it's necessary to <b>double click</b> the copied module. Then it's possible to choose the actual academic event.

Guys & girls, who develop Campus Management - make that <i>a little bit</i> more explicit and obvious

Janek

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like I finally found it - it's necessary to <b>double click</b> the copied module. Then it's possible to choose the actual academic event.

Guys & girls, who develop Campus Management - make that <i>a little bit</i> more explicit and obvious

Janek

0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

Through PSV1 also you can book the events .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

That's quite handy. Thanks.

Although the bookings made through PSV1 are not reflected in the Student File: sessional registrations are not created, activity documents are not updated and the actual bookings made are not seen in the standard booking screen (and history).

Interesting.

P.S. I'm using implicit registration mode.

0 Kudos

Hi,

PSV1 cannot be used if you book students to events in association with modules. The only reason why PSV1 is not blocked is that there are some people (e. g. employees) who like to attend an event seperately from the academic programs. Generally you should not use PSV1 (and other LSO/ TEM booking transactions) in conjunctions with processes in SLCM.

In case you use event packages the handling in the user interface is better since you have less options.

Regards

Joachim

0 Kudos

Hi Janek,

After booking the events , the students will be dispalyed in psv1 .

In the studentfile , go to the program content--->Booking dialog , all the modules booked to the particular session will be displayed.

Click on the pushbutton Business Events where it will navigate to another screen where events booked by the student will be displayed for the respective module .

The event will be related to the template , D-->E . Maintain the relationships properly , then it will work .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi,

PSV1 can be used but you should not. Event Planning is part of TEM module .

I agree that using cohort builder we can very well do that .

If it is only for employees, then the object ST itself should not be given in psv1 tcode .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

It could also be students taking an event outside the regular program. For the end-users it is easy to prevent them using PSV1 by not giving them authorization for the transaction.

By the way, I did not mention cohort builder - however using cohorts for booking processes is another approach. What I referred to is event packages - they allow an easier handling because you do not need to support the selection of multiple events for different event types but just book to one event package.

Message was edited by:

Joachim Plumbaum

0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

Even though the question is resolved , I do have a query .

I agree that PSV1 is a wrong approach to book business events . Now my query is ...how to book the event package for the students and where it can be done .

Through the function module , customized report is developed and it works on fine for the module , event booking .

I want to make use of the standard functionality or Tcode to do this . Kindly do help .

Scenario : Eg : For a module (Marketing) -

> Business Event template (A) -

>10 different events are there for an academic year ,session .

100 students take the module ,Assuming 1 to 20 students are grouped for the event A1 ,21 - 50 to event A2 ......so on..

Actually I dont want to book a student to all events to the event package.... as a event only I should book ...

So how this can be handled ....???

In PIQACADOFFER00 there is a option so called firmly book business event , when I enter that , it shows the datascreen where all the students booked to the event comes into picture.... How to make the students available to the screen (ie) how to book students in this case....

When I use my customized report I will book and view over there ...... which standard tcode is actually used to book the event ????

Correct me if Iam wrong because I could not find the actual functionality to book the event... for a student ..

Regards

Gajalakshmi K