difference b/w smartforms & sap script
I want to know that What is the main difference b/w smart form $ sap script..
pritha agrawal replied
SAPscript technology is based on a mainframe product from the 1980s, while Smart Forms have only been around since (roughly) 2001. With that sort of time gap, there are bound to be significant differences between the two tools. Client dependence is a fundamental one. Although SAPscript has had some incremental improvements over time, its forms have always been -- under the hood -- relatively ...
1. script is client dependent one while smartform is client independent.
2. In scripts we have to write print program while in smart forms it is not necessary.
3. In scripts we can print background logo while in smartforms we cant print background logo
4. In scripts we have 99 main windows while in smartforms we have only 1 main window.
5. In scripts we should write paragraph format otherwise we cant execute program while in smartforms no need to create paragraph formats .
6. In scripts we can print the text in only two character formats.
while in smartforms we can do with more.
7. In scripts we dont have line types while in smartforms we have linetypes.
the main diffarences between smart form and script form are:
1) smart forms are clinent independent where as scripts are client dependent.
2) smart form require half the time to create and maintain forms compare with
3) smart forms provide multiple page formats where as in script not possible
4) smart forms exisist without main window also where as in script not possible.
5) smart form is entairely graphical user interface comapre with script.
6) labeling is not possible in smart form where as it is possible in script.
7) smart form genarate function module whenver it activate where as script
8) smart form can easily web publishing using the genarated XML output compare
9) using smart forms we can design web forms but bot possible with script.
10) we can maintain background graphics in smartform wher as in script not
11) in smart form we use transaction codes SMARTFORM for designing FORM
and SMARTSTYLES to create differnt styles of text, where as in script we
use SE71 for form painter and SE72 for different styles of text and font.
12) we can migrate script to smart form vice-versa is not possible.
Reward if helpful.