cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties replacing some BC functionality with XI (refer to example)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Difficulties replacing some BC functionality with XI (refer to example)</b>

I am transferring all interface processing from BC to XI and am having difficulties replacing some of the current BC functionality. Please refer to my example below

<b>Current process</b>

<b>SAP R/3</b>

SAP R/3 executes an abap that extracts certain data. This data is passed via a remote function which is configured to point to Business Connector

<b>Business Connector</b>

Business Connector takes control and the relevant package does some internal processing then calls the remote enabled function BAPI_ACC_BILLING_POST

<b>SAP R/3</b>

Control is returned to SAP R/3 to post the data and on completion control is returned to Business Connector

<b>Business Connector</b>

Business Connector again takes control where some more processing is done to generate an xml version of the data prior to returning control back to SAP R/3

<b>SAP R/3</b>

Control is returned to the abap immediately following the call to the remote function and processing completes

The initial synchronous call from SAP R/3 to Business Connector remains open whilst Business Connector executes a subsequent synchronous call to SAP R/3.

Finally the initial synchronous call in SAP R/3 completes

<b>Proposed Process</b>

I am transferring all interface processing from BC to XI and am having difficulties replacing some of the current BC functionality. In this instance I can set up the initial synchronous call via an XI Integration Process (sync/async bridge). This allows me to perform subsequent asynchronous calls prior to closing the synchronous bridge

I have successfully performed synchronous calls to SAP R/3 from XI for different scenarios and have set up the XI design and config in the same manner

When I try to perform the synchronous posting back to SAP R/3 from within the SA bridge I get the message ‘Message is incomplete. No Sender found’

Unlike BC, it appears that XI does not allow me to perform the synchronous posting back to SAP R/3 from within the SA bridge.

<b>Refer to</b> http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/83/d2a84028c9e469e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm <b>for the SAP description</b> To enable the communication between a synchronously calling business system (synchronous outbound interface) and an asynchronously called business system (asynchronous inbound and outbound interface), you can define a sync/async bridge in an integration process. You can only define one sync/async bridge for each integration process.

How can I replace the current BC functionality using XI?

Regards,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I cannot replicate the current BC functionality in XI

So I will take this opportunity to simplify and improve the design for XI --> R/3

Regards,

Mike