Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto syndication failed connecting to MDM Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on MDM 5.5 SP5 and the build 5.5.42.75

We have recently installed the above build version but the Syndication server for this build was not available in OSS.

Only 5.5.42.65 is available in OSS for Syndication server so we installed syndication server of build 42.65

We are having problems in MDSS. Its not working automatically.

in the syndication server log i get the error "Auto syndication failed connecting to MDM Server"

If i open syndicator and choose the port option and syndicate then my file goes to the ready folder. but the same doesnt happen automatically.

The same MDSS service for the same repository with the same settings was working just fine when we were using the previous build of 5.5.40.83

we are using many GUI components of 42.65 as well (because 42.75 were not available) and they are compatible with 42.75

Is this MDSS problem solely because of the build version incompatibility.

I doubt it because SAP would not give such an incomplete patch.

Do you think there could be another reason?

When does SAP plan to release the syndication server for the build 42.75?

Thanks a lot

Jyotika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check if the outbound port is in automatic processing mode,mdss service is up & running & if the repository passwords are provided in the mdss.ini ? We are also on the build 42.65 and auto syndication is working fine in our case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

Yes everything that you said is in place.....

are you using 42.65 for everything?

because we are mainly using the 42.75 for everything but only syndication server is 42.65 because we couldnt find 42.75 syndication server in OSS.

Thanks,

Jyotika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..yes we are on 42.65 for all components currently only SP 5 Patch 2 is available maybe you should check with SAP regarding your verison. Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyotika,

Hot fix releases don't necessarily contain all components because not all components need to be changed for a hot fix. If there is no syndicator executable for 5.5.42.75, it's because it wasn't changed for that build. The one you're using, 5.5.42.65, should be compatible.

Are there repository usernames and passwords in the mdss.ini file, like in MDIS.ini? I don't use syndicator so I can't specifically help you, but I'm thinking if there are usernames and passwords (the passwords would be encrypted), you can try to verify that the passwords are correct for the repository user (also verifying that the username is correct!) by adding a Password=<your unencrypted password> to the file before the PasswordE entry, and restart the service. It should pick up and encrypt the new password, and maybe that will fix the connection problem.

Hope this helps,

Cleopatra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove MDSS.INI and Stop MDSS and start MDSS will solve all the issues like password and other things. We also faced similar kind of issues and test this and then if it is not working ,i have another idea....Also whether your enviornment is Windows or Unix or Linux. Solution differs based on this.

GK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for your helpful inputs..

I have trued everything that you all suggested but it still doesnt work...

Our server is on Windows environment.

Can you all suggest another solution?

Thanks,

Jyotika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

my MDSS is working now.

It was the installation problem....

we re-installed the MDSS and it worked fine after that.

Thanks anyways for your useful inputs,

Jyotika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyotika,

The issue is with the MDSS.INI file...Remove the MDSS.INI file and stop the MDSS and start the MDSS...Then syndicate,it will work...

Even if it is not working,please let me know...Also let me know the No.of records in the repository

Thanks

Ganesh Kotti