cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check for Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Material e.p A whose BOM conatin Items X,Y AND Z.

Now I have production Order of A which requires X-10,Y-20,Z-30,

I have stock of Items X-10,Y-20,Z-30

Now I am also selling item X as Spare Part and at same time I have requirement of 10 from customer so i will create sales order of 10 and system will confirm delivery date of today as stock is available in system.But this stock is require for my Production order of A.

So how I can avoid this confliction between production and Sales

Is there any method by which system should not consider stock which is reserved to Production order.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi see my above querry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I will check it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit

if you release your production order it will reserve your X items and after that when you create sale order and try to pick the qnty it will sale stock not available

Cheers

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is showing reservation but that stock is consider in sales order and i can use this stock for sales order delivery too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latit,

In your case, material resevation not taken into the account.

please check "include reservation" check box has selected in "availabity check control" at OVZ9 against for your checking group/rule combination.(defined in material master)

if it has activated, once u do avilability check in sales order, it will show non avilability of stock on perticular day.(on production order date)

regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

where is linkage between checking Rule and Sales Order as there are so many checking rule assign to checking group.how system identify which combination of checking group and checking rule is to use?

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

In the Sales order display mode VA03, select the line item and hit the availability Icon or Ctrl+F4. In the availability overview screen you will find both the Checking Group and Checking Rule used.In the availability overview screen hit the scope of check button to display the Rule and Group and parameters used.

You can also do a availablity check in change mode VA02, select the line item and hit the Item Availability Icon(Balance like icon). In the availability control hit the scope of check button to display the Rule and Group and parameters used.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I know that but there should be some integration between availabity group and checking rule somewhere in customization or programe.As then how this combination occure when creating sales order.as there are also e.p

01 Daily requirement A SD order

01 Daily requirement AE SD order; make-to-order stock

01 Daily requirement AQ SD order; project stock

01 Daily requirement AV SD order; returnable packaging

01 Daily requirement AW SD order; consignment

01 Daily requirement B SD delivery

01 Daily requirement BE SD delivery; make-to-order stock

01 Daily requirement BQ SD delivery; project stock

01 Daily requirement BV SD delivery; returnable packaging

01 Daily requirement BW SD delivery; consignment

which combination system select and how for 01 checking group?

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

It is good to know that you know how to check the combination which was used in the sales order.

Generally checking rule is derived based on Default Settings for Sales Area

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

Generally checking groups are introduced to sales order based on the settings in material master.(Avilability check in Sales/general plant data view.)

However if there is no entry present in the material master record for the checking group, a default value can be set here, depending on material type and plant.(Define checking groups default value.)

Based on which system select checking groups.

To know about checking rule selection ,please post your thread in SD module.

regards

pradeep

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

I dont think SAP drills down and looks for multilevel availablity. If the main item is not available in stock, it goes by the reciept elements available or Inhouse production time maintained as the base to commit the dates for confirmation.

Regards,

Prasobh