Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging of Data from 3 DSO's/

bala_prathi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question on the Keys assigned to my DSO which gets updated from 3 DSO's.

I have an ODS1 with Key fields: Company Code, Accnt Doc Number, FiscalYear Period, FIscal Year Variant,Item Num,Fiscal Year

ODS2 has key Fields: Company Code, Accnt Doc Number, FiscalYear, FIscal Year Variant.

I have aODS 3 which has key fields: Company Code, Accnt Doc Number, FiscalYear Period, FIscal Year Variant,Item Num

I am having data fields in ODS2 but not in ODS1.

I want to push the data from ODS1 & ODS2 into ODS3 so that i have all fields being populated in ODS3(also includes the datafields of ODS2) into one record.

First i load the ODS1 into ODS3.

For Example: the data in ODS3 at this moment will be as :

Company Code, Accnt Doc Number, FiscalYear Period, FIscal Year Variant,Item Num,Amount,Status

0010,10000,2007010,2007,K4,1,100, ,(Blank value shows the data field of ODS2)

Now ODS2 has record:

0010,10000,2007,K4, Open

My question is : WHen i load the data in ODS2 into ODS3 would it populate the status value as "Open" and there will be one record for it ?

Bcos of the difference in the keys for the DSO's is it possible to get one records in the final DSO ??

Please let me know if this is feasible or not ???

I have CHosen another option for it , if the above solution does not work.

In the start routine, get the data from ODS2 into an Internal table and do look up routine for Status field which will be based on the key and populate the value for it....

Does this have a performance issue?

Please Advise..........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

R u in BI 7.0? You could use end routine in that case when you are loading from ODS1 -> ODS3.In the end routine you could read "Status" of ODS2 and populate the RESULT_PACKAGE with status value.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bala_prathi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

The second option worked very well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

Due to the different keys you won't get one record in ods 3, just by loading the ods 2 to ods3.

Just make sure that the keys are same , then the records will get updated. To do that , as you have mentioned , you can add the fields in start routine.

so in your example, you can add keys of ods 3 into ods 2, and then populate the blank fields in the start routine.

In these kind of situation, the best option is to go with an ods object with key account # and line #. Please check the business content ods objects to get more idea.

-Saket