Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Merging of Data from 3 DSO's/

Hi Experts,

I have a question on the Keys assigned to my DSO which gets updated from 3 DSO's.

I have an ODS1 with Key fields: Company Code, Accnt Doc Number, FiscalYear Period, FIscal Year Variant,Item Num,Fiscal Year

ODS2 has key Fields: Company Code, Accnt Doc Number, FiscalYear, FIscal Year Variant.

I have aODS 3 which has key fields: Company Code, Accnt Doc Number, FiscalYear Period, FIscal Year Variant,Item Num

I am having data fields in ODS2 but not in ODS1.

I want to push the data from ODS1 & ODS2 into ODS3 so that i have all fields being populated in ODS3(also includes the datafields of ODS2) into one record.

First i load the ODS1 into ODS3.

For Example: the data in ODS3 at this moment will be as :

Company Code, Accnt Doc Number, FiscalYear Period, FIscal Year Variant,Item Num,Amount,Status

0010,10000,2007010,2007,K4,1,100, ,(Blank value shows the data field of ODS2)

Now ODS2 has record:

0010,10000,2007,K4, Open

My question is : WHen i load the data in ODS2 into ODS3 would it populate the status value as "Open" and there will be one record for it ?

Bcos of the difference in the keys for the DSO's is it possible to get one records in the final DSO ??

Please let me know if this is feasible or not ???

I have CHosen another option for it , if the above solution does not work.

In the start routine, get the data from ODS2 into an Internal table and do look up routine for Status field which will be based on the key and populate the value for it....

Does this have a performance issue?

Please Advise..........

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question