cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS Server Explorer not able to connect to EP portal ('time-out')..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using Visual Studio to connect to EP 6.0 SP 9. In the server explorer, I have created a portal with ip of the EP server, port 8050, and userid 'Administrator' and password for it. However, when trying to retrieve Destinations, this gives a 'time out' error.

We have tried changing the port to 8051, and other values for which this throws a 'Bad gateway' error..

I have installed SAP .NET connector 2.0 and am able to successfully connect to R/3 app servers.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

Partha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to deploy par files from the VS to the portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

PDK for .NET includes 3 components:

1. Add-in to the Visual studio which enable content development in .NET.

2. Runtime component which process Content developed in .NET.

3. 2 SDA that needs to be deployed on the portal which are in charge of the communication to the Runtime component.

The default ports 8050 and 8051 are used for communication between the portal (2 SDA's) and the .NET Runtime component.

In order to connect the portal from the VS (For deploying) you need to use the same port you use in order to login to the portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tsachi,

I have installed the 'Add-in to Visual studio' and the .NET runtime engine on my workstation (where I'll be doing the development). Then, I have started the .NET runtime service in Service Browser. It is running with port 8050.

The 2 SDA's have been succesfully deployed on the EP server.

In the EP server, System Landscape --> Service configuration, I have set iViewProcessor parameters as

.NET Servers configuration is <J2EE Installation no> = <my workstation ip>:8050

Portal Servers config is <J2EE Installation no> = <Portal ip>:8051

In the server explorer, I am creating a Portal with port = 50100 (that's the port I use to connect to the portal in IE), I get a 'The operation has timed-out'.

What have I missed?

Thanks

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Is the portal installed on the same host as the VS?

Try increasing the timeout property of the portal node in the server explorer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, Portal is running on a different server (different physical machine running Win2003 server).

VS is installed on my desktop running WinXP.

Does'nt work by increasing timeout in server explorer

Thanks

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the event viewer for any logging under the SAP node.

FYI - PDK for .NET 1 patch 3 is meant to be used on SP12, and not SP9.