cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i'm doing simple File- to- File scenario.. in xi every thing transferred through messages only.. so, .. how can we say number of messages for my data..

for example.. i'm sending simple file.. that contan 10 employee details this emp structure contain some 5 fields..so, for 10 emplyees how many messages it will create.. or for every thing is it create a single message..

if we need to do any thing for splitting that single message.. can u plz clarrify this..

thanks

babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

>>for every thing is it create a single message.

Yes. by default it creates an single message for all the records in the file...

>>if we need to do any thing for splitting that single message..

In the sender file adpater u can find an option Record Set per Message in the Content conversion parameters. This is used to specify the total no of records an message should contain. In your case u need to specify it as 1.

Regards

San

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BABU,

<b>i'm sending simple file.. that contan 10 employee details this emp structure contain some 5 fields..so, for 10 emplyees how many messages it will create.. or for every thing is it create a single message..</b>

if u r sending one file then only one message will go thor' Xi .And for Every message there will be an unique ID.For example see in SXMB_MONI....Each time u run ur scenario u will get a unique request message ID ( and also response message ID if ur scenario is synchronous/ or unique acknowledgement ID).

<b>if we need to do any thing for splitting that single message..</b>

yes u can split ur message into n no of messages depending upon ur requirement.

Suppose u need to route the incoming message to diffrent receiver depending upon diffrent records in ur message.Then u go for splitting the message

Hope u r a bit clear now!!!

Regards

BILL

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for example.. i'm sending simple file.. that contan 10 employee details this emp structure contain some 5 fields..so, for 10 emplyees how many messages it will create.. or for every thing is it create a single message

as you have pointed out by default the all the 10 records are taken as a single message ( 1 message containing the 10 records and gets processed) it is because of tthe recordsetper message by default will be 0

if you want to take each record as 1 message then then you have to mention that in the recordsetmessage.....

basically your recordset per message value determines how the records will be there in each message..