cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effort Estimation of Investment and Cost projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what will be the effort estimation for the realization of Investment Projects and Cost projects. Investment projects is related to asset acquisition and Cost projects are related to marketing spend of a consumer goods industry. As this is my first project, I don't have any idea of effort estimation.

Thanks

Anjali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

To add to Syeds points Effort estimation is used as an input for project plans, integration plans with other modules, budgets , investment analysis and pricing processes etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

Good to hear that!

It is all about time taken to implement the project, It depends on the project too. What type of Project? if it is Customer Project then Engineering to Order or Make to Order? etc. If it is Investment Project then Assets Management, Acquisition etc.

Prepare the Scope first then analyze the Client current Status what they want based on the output you can decide on what to be done.

Check what all the module to be implemented at Client's place. Eg:- PS-CO, PS-MM-PP-CO-SD etc. based on this you can calculate the time.

Approach

The specific deliverables to be delivered in each phase as per the project scope.

Phases

Phase1: Project Preparation (PS & CO)

Phase 2: Customization (PS & CO)

Phase 3: MIS

Phase 4: Documentation

Deliverables

• Documentation

• Configuration & Testing.

• Functional Specification.

• User Manual

Based on your details study you can give the effort estimation, that is time required to complete the Project for Go-Live.

Hope this helps you.

Award points.

Regards'

Syed