cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen layout for asset class

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

My problem is that I am assigning one asset class to new screen layout in the asset class master data.

But the system is taking the fields from the layout which is chart of depreciation dependent data (tcode ANK1)

Here when i try to change that data for this asset class the system throws the message "Chart-of-depreciation-dependent assignment to asset class XXXX not possible"

Procedure

In order to be able to assign chart-of-depreciation-dependent data to

asset class 4100, the following conditions have to be met. You have to

have already

1. Defined at least two active charts of depreciation

2. Assigned asset class 4100 to more than one chart of depreciation

However, at the moment this asset class is only assigned to chart of

depreciation 1.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Regards

Meenakshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in ANK1 whether for the asset class in question you have assigned any chart of dpereciation. generally this assignment is not required. If there is any such assignment delete all such assingments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not allowing me to enter to that screen itself the movement i select the asset class and double cilck the chart of deprciation dependent data it throws the message although if i check through overview experts--> check asset classes the system is showing the different screen layout for chart of depreciation dependent data than the chart of depreciation independent data.

regds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is the problem area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then how to get out of this problem area?

regds

Meenakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is whta you have done:

Generally, the control specifications (the screen layout and the account determination) for the asset class applies throughout the client, that is, for all charts of depreciation. It is therefore sufficient to make control specifications once per asset class.

You only need to carry out this step, if, contrary to the usual case, you want these control specifications to be country-specific (that is, different depending on the chart of depreciation). The system then uses the entries you make here depending on the chart of depreciation in the given company code. The system then ignores the control specifications in the asset class that are independent of the chart of depreciation.

We shall try to check how to delete this settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have already gone through this documentation.

regds,

Meenakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl check for the asset classes assigned here have master data. If you have master data then it will allow you to delete this due to dependencies. One possible way is to transfer these assets to another asset whose asset class is not assigned here. Then try to delete. You may succeed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any other option????

Regds,

Meenakshi