cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigational in multiprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru

Should i mark attribute as nav attr in cube and multiprovider also in addition to infoobject.

Report is on multiprovider

Greetings.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.. if you want that nav attr in the report out of multiprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u explain me why.

I thought because of no data in the multirpovider there will be no seperate master data tables .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.. the query built on multiprovider will have the structure of the multiprovider.. it will take all the infoobjects and nav attrs selected in the multiprovider...

it has no data(transaction and master both), but the structure should include it for the query to use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George

The Multi provider do not have data as such....But when you execute a query it searches the fact tables, DIM tables and related master data tables( of the cubes, ODS) in the runtime to answer your query

We define navigation attributes and dimensions in the multi provider structure to predefine how the data needs to be fetched for the queries

If you have navigation attribute for a master data info object, the definition is universally applicable

If you don't want that attribute navigation functionality locally for the multi provider, you can just make it a display attribute. You can mark this as navigation attribute as your require locally for this multi provider

Regards

N Ganesh

Answers (0)