cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Message Type being called

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening. At one point in time I was calling the wrong message type ( from the wrong namespace ) in my map. I have sinced fixed it and even gone so far as to completely delete the other MT in the other namespace but when my file translates the first line proudly claims it is using the (wrong) Message Type from the wrong namespace

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <ns0:Activate_MT xmlns:ns0="http://bws.bit.com/pc21">

- <header>

- <manifest>

- <authentication>

It should be using <ns0:Activate_MT xmlns:ns0="http://bws.bit.com/pc22">

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

In the process of creating the new MT, you might have used the Data type of the older namespace and likely, though you deleted the namespace its referring to the older one. Instead you export the Data type and then re-import it and create the MT.

Regards,

Sreenivas.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Are you using content conversion by any chance?

If you are, then there is a possibility that in the content conversion parameters you have specified the old namespace in the 'Document Namespace' Field.If you change that, the issue would get resolved.

Regards,

Sulakshana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the input! The Message type was using the proper Data type ( namespace ) however the namespace in XML Namespace was incorrect - I guess that has to be changed manually.

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happens when you copy a Message Map from one namespace to another one (or within the same namespace) and change the messages in that. My suggestion is to delete the map and recreate (do not copy) it and redo the mapping.

You can check what message type the map is expecting by going to the <b>Test</b> tab in the message mapping and click on XML button, that will show you the what namespace it is being used.

regards

SKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another thing tht you could do is just remove your xml namespaces if its not necessary( delete it from the data type screen).

Regards

Priyanka