cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ControlM or Redwood Central processing scheduler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any one using ControlM or Redwood Central processing scheduler for job scheduling.

We are looking for the difference between these two tools.

Let me know ASAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Have got good document from gartner on different batch job schedulers. Please pass your mail ID and I will share the same.

Regards,

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

There also is a report from IDC if you are interested. Please send me an e-mail if you are interested. You'll find my email address on my SDN business card.

Kind regards,

Anton Goselink.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both the tool are way apart in architecture and functionality. The choice depends on your environment. If you have lot of SAP and client-sever type of products, tools in your environment use of Redwood is recommended. Redwood looks to be aligned with SAP's future strategy. If you have mainframe based environment which are going to stay longer Ctrl+M is better choice. Hope this answers your question.

If you have any specific area where you want to compare let me know.

- Bhushan

ed-holland
Explorer
0 Kudos

Control-M exists in two flavours. One product for the MainFrame and one for the distributed systems.

With SAP CPS it is also possible to schedule Jobs on the mainframe (and many other platforms including AS400/OpenVMS). Alternatively, it can also integrate with an existing schedulers on the mainframe.

- Ed