Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables TADIR ..Where this is used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was looking at table TADIR. this is a very large table of SAP repository objects. I wonder where and why this table is used. please let me know this information. thank you.

Regards

Madhu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The object directory (TADIR) is a directory of all Repository objects on which the R/3 System is based.

These include the following:

• ABAP report programs

• Module pools

• Function groups

• ABAP Dictionary objects (domains, data elements, tables)

The object directory contains R/3 standard objects that already exist in a newly installed R/3 System as well as your own objects, which you create while working with the ABAP Workbench.

When you create an object, the corresponding object directory entry is also created.

Various Repository objects consist of several sub-objects, which can be edited separately in the ABAP Workbench.

\Cheers

VJ

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

TADIR is used to maintain all repository objects (like programs, function groups etc) details like original system, package details etc. This is the repository of all objects present in R/3. The repository objects details needs to be stored in a table to maintain details and it is done by storing these details in TADIR.

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The object directory (TADIR) is a directory of all Repository objects on which the R/3 System is based.

These include the following:

• ABAP report programs

• Module pools

• Function groups

• ABAP Dictionary objects (domains, data elements, tables)

The object directory contains R/3 standard objects that already exist in a newly installed R/3 System as well as your own objects, which you create while working with the ABAP Workbench.

When you create an object, the corresponding object directory entry is also created.

Various Repository objects consist of several sub-objects, which can be edited separately in the ABAP Workbench.

\Cheers

VJ