cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do like to know if there is any limitation, or if such scenario is not supported.

Is it possible to install both components on the same machine (Reverse Proxy (IISProxy) + ITS W-GATE), where the Reverse Proxy will be running on Default Web Site (port 80) and ITS W-GATE running on a New Web Site (port 8080 for example).

Reverse Proxy receives all the incoming requests, and forward them depending on this type:

- If is a Portal Request, the request is redirected to SAPJ2EE where the portal is running;

- If it is an ITS request, the reverse proxy redirects the request to W-GATE, running on the same machine but on a different web site and port.

Note: The IISProxy are used by security reasons and also to NTLM authentication.

Thanks and Regards,

Paul Croft

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

I just had a CSS message with exactly the same question, maybe it is yours, but anyway.

I tested the IISProxy with Wgate both in the same IIS instance.

Both instruments are implemented as an ISAPI Filter.

They can coexist in one IIS instance.

I do not see the need to put the wgate on a seperate virtual webserver in IIS because the IISproxy has no checking capabilities i.e. if every /scripts/wgate prefix is forwarded "as is" why not let the wgate grab it directly?

What I tested was the following:

• Installed the ITS wgate on the IIS instance

• Installed the IISProxy on the same instance

After that the wgate grabs the "/scripts/wgate" prefixes, the IISproxy takes care of the portal prefixes and the IIS itself serves the ITS mimes.

Only if you are planning to seperate the wgate later on from this IIS (and put it on a different host) you might consider the local loopback to port 8080.

If not then save yourself the trouble.

When you look at the sample configuration which comes with the IISproxy then there are local loopbacks (localhost) to different post, thereby I assume that this is "as designed" and working. (I did not test that).

Regards,

Fekke

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

So all users are going to call a URL on port 80? This shouldn't be a problem and would just require you to configure the IIS Proxy properly. The WGate is on port 8080 so it seperate from the port 80 virtual web server.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

This scenario are not yet imlemented, but being considered by the client to reduce the amount of needed machines, even because, the machine where this components should be installed are very good.

So, you don't see any limitations in having both components on the same, nother in IISProxy, dispatching the request dependent on this type?

Thanks and Regards,

Paul Croft