cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newer than MDM Server! Stopped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I installed MDM Version 5.5 SP-1 [5.5.15.00] and I unarchived a repository... it all went well, but after it's unarchived, it says: "Newer than MDM Server! Stopped", and I can't start it..

Is there a way around that? Thanks a lot

Alejandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This message seems strange !! Are you using a new version of the archive file when compared to the Console & server version??

If we use a older archive file than the console & server version, then we get a status "Outdated and stopped". In that case you should try "Update repository".

So, for your case, my suggetion is you check the versions.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, thanks for your response 😃

I've checked the server version, but how can I check the Archive version? it's just an .a2a file...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

Thats the toughest thing. If you are using the standard repositories that come with either SP1 or SP2, the name of the file will have the service pack as well as date in the file name.

Hope this info is useful !!

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just re-unarchive the same rep.. this is what I've got, I don't know if it's useful:

Process id: 2832

Compile type: RELEASE

MDME Server version: 5.5.16.12 Built on 2005-Jul-13

Repository schema version: 1.220

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Nevermind....... I've got it running

I uninstalled all MDM, stopped MSqlserver, erased the corresponding databases in MSqlServer and then, install it all over again.

Then I unarchived the problematic rep first (before all the other ones) and it says it's working now

I don't know what happened... it's ok now though 😃

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the repository that you are trying to unarchiving? Standard one??

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand the question... I just have a2a files, pretending to be sources of data...

Answers (0)