cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to....Suspend V3 Collector jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to do this without loss of data during upgrade?

Please suggest.

Also do you have to re-init delta after upgrade?

Does cleaning up PSA be an issue for delta?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roger,

You don't have to re-init the delta unless the the delta is corrupted or something. No, PSA cleaning should not have any issue on Delta, I am assuming that you are talking about R/3 related extraction.

-Saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Yes its R/3 extraction.

Any idea about how to suspend V3 jobs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Logistics extractor, go to LBWE and click on job control --> Job overview and stop the jobs which are scheduled.

Why are you trying to stop the V3 jobs while the upgrade is happening? If you want, you can clear the RSA7 queue just before the upgrade starts and then let the data go to RSA7, and after the upgrade you can always extract the delta again. I have seen it working in BI 7 upgrade.

-Saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought if the source system is running while BI is been upgraded we need to suspend activities in R/3 or atleast suspend V3 jobs.

Are you sure the V3 collector jobs can be still running even when BI is being upgraded?

Thanks for the replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only when you are upgrading the source system itself, say 4.7 to ECC, or even when upgrading the BW Plug-ins (BW Adapter in CRM), then it is wise to lock the source system for business uers, and only then upgrade.

Of course, SAP highly recommends to empty the delta queues from SAP source systems before an upgrade. It is critical to do, when plug-in upgrade is also planned.

Hope it answers your question. Pls assign some points if so.

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish.

Answers (0)