Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AddOn: Prevent from loading more than once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon

Experts:

Is there an "easy" way to make sure an AddOn does not load more than once at a time?

Has anyone ever encountered situations where an AddOn gets started more than once subsquently causing "problems"?

Thanks,

EJD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

The builtin features of SBO should prevent the same addon running more than once in the same SBO session. Are you saying that you've encountered a situation where this is happening? If so, could you elaborate?

The only time I encounter a problem with an addon appearing to run twice is when the SBO client crashes or the addon has not shut down properly during a previous session and this leaves the addon executable still running (ie you can see it in the Processes tab of Windows Task Manager). But in this case the older instance of the addon is 'stranded' and does not interact with the new SBO instance and doesn't normally clash with the new instance of the addon.

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Owen:

The "details" I was supplied were a bit thin. As you elaborated it appears there may be situations the client crashed or was not shutdown properly. From the looks of it, I think we want to even avoid starting a new instance even if there i a stranded one hanging around in Task Mgr. I have been asked to investigate developing a check for the AddOn exe by User since this particular set-up is on a Terminal Server.

Thanks for replying...

EJD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day

Experts:

Has anyone come across difficulties with AddOns being loaded more than once using TerminalServices? We have encountered some issues and found that it may be related to the AddOn beong out there 2 times.

Thanks for any info you can provide,

EJD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ed,

when addon is regestered to b1, its information is stored in SARI table in common database.

just check the entry in this table, if it doesn't exist- register the addon ,otherwise not...

hope it help u.

if satisfied, rewards points

regards

nirdesh panwar