Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing dialog instance on cluster.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have installed ASCS, SCS,CI and DI , on Unix Cluster Evironment ,

Now i am trying to install Dialog instance on Node B, but it is looking for Default profile which is available on /sapmnt/sid/profiles,

How do i get it on node B, Can anyone guide me how to do it using NFS, or is there any other way.

Regards,

SM..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should use a virtual hostname , when your application server is a part of your cluster and can be started also on other cluster nodes but the real hostname , when your application server is not part of your cluster .

This depends on your implementation .

Best regards

dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I started the installation of dialog instance on node B again and mounted through NFS.

It was asking for profile directory , i gave it, then it came with popup screen saying,

Profile parameter rdisp/msserv_internal was not set in Default profile for Instance ASCSOO/HRP on host sapvir (virtual hostname).

i checked in Node A and found that the profile rdisp/msserv_internal value is 3900 ..

please advice how to proceed next.

Regards.

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you need to export your /sapmnt/<SID> structure using NFS on the host where it resides .

If you want to use the inactive Node as an Application Server , you need to mount /sapmnt/<SID> from the NFS-Server , where it was exported , to your Node B Application Server .

There is nothing different to an regular application server so far .

Since there are different management interfaces on different operating systems , I cannot give more detailed informations , but I suppose , you will get this managed .

If you have any technical difficulties , let us know and provide more details to your cluster environment (At least , which operating system you use and which error you get).

Best regards

dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your response,

When we export the /sapmnt then it is not available on Node A.

We are using HPUX with oracle10.G

Regards,

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more question i would like to ask you,

While installing Dialog instance on Node B, which Hostname i need to select,

Whether Virtual or the physical of Node B itself.

Regards,

SM