Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapftp - syntax for put/get command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to troubleshoot some issues and need to run the report RSFTP002 (to execute FTP command from SAP GUI). After providing the input data for user, password and host, I am using the following for command1: put C:\test.doc and for command2: get test.doc.

I am getting the following error for the 'put': "C:\test.doc: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect".

I have tried running the same(sapftp) from windows command prompt (on the frontend workstation) and get the same error. If I use windows ftp, it works fine.

If someone can let me know what is not correct in the syntax, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Nirmal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try adding the destination file name to your put command, like this: put C:\test.doc test.doc It appears that parameter is required in SAPFTP.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try adding the destination file name to your put command, like this: put C:\test.doc test.doc It appears that parameter is required in SAPFTP.