cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender Adapter - Dinamic Source Directory and Filename

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to receive in XI a file and depeding of some info, put it in diferent directories with diferent fieldnames.

In receiver File Adapter we can set the directory and fieldname dinamically by ABAP-CLASS mapping, but not in Sender.

I've read Michal's blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

and sap help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/03612cdecc6e76e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

But, I can't find Adapter-Specific Message Attributes in my File Adapter...:-) I've checked SP version is SP16, where are my Adapter-Specific Message Attributes?

How can I set Directory and Fieldname at runtime for Sender File Adapter?

Please help...

Thanks all in advance,

Regards.

Urtzi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this thread...might be helpful.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Your threath is not about my issue...

Answering to other friends, what I want is not to write p.e.: '/server/dir/' in each File Sender Adapter Channel, and put it with any other way looking some 'customizing' or checking a condition.

The problem is that frecuently in the Company changes servers and we have to enter to the Directory and change every Channel one by one...We would like to reduce the maintain of the Channels with a mapping, variable, customizing table...or something similar. Do I explain?

I don't know if its possible but I had the hope...:-)

Thanks all.

Urtzi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

with standard sender file adapter,its not possible to keep file directory dynamic,you can specify <i>"Advanced selection for source file "</i> under which specify as many directories and as many files as you want but still its not completely dynamic.

other option which i think of is using adapter modules,develop your own module which can pull up file dynamically,but personally i have not worked on this type of module ,just an idea,might work for you.

last option is to develop your own adapter for this:)

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>How can I set Directory and Fieldname at runtime for Sender File Adapter?

you want to set the sender directory and filename dynamically for sender file adapter?

i guess its not possible to set it out dynamically,you can ofcourse set additional files and directories to pick files from different folders but as far as i know,its not possible to set the directory and filename dynamically.

Thanx

Aamir

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats right. We can not configure the sender adaptor polling directories dynamically. In case, if the file formats are different, you might have to create separate channels for each file format and have your content conversion done in a way it creates same XML for XI to process. For this either you have to create mulitple configuration scenarios or or multiple sender agreements with single receiver determination kind of thing..

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not understanding what is the situation where you need to set source directory and file name for Sender file adapter. Kindly elaborate your integration scenario.

Regards

Vijendra