cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enqueue locking/unlocking

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are an SAP education/training facility associated with the SAP University Alliance. With previous versions of SAP 4.6, 4.7 there were built-in programs called ZSENQOFF and ZSENQON for turning off the Enqueue locking mechanism and turning it back on. This was necessary so multiple students could do company code customizations at the same time. These programs, although they exist in the ECC 6.0 version, no longer function. Could somebody provide me with programs which will work in the ECC 6.0 version.

We are running Windows/Oracle environment.

Thank you

H. Timothy Knickerbocker

Manager SAP Systems

College of Business Administration

Central Michigan University

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

SAP has developed a programme named "ZSENQOFF" which disables the

locking of tables. This is sometimes used in training clients to disable the enqueue functionality that causes the lock. This should not be used for any other clients. The programs were delivered with an IDES installation.

There is no actual documentation for this report as it was only developed as an extra option for training purposes. This report is client dependent.

These reports are released only for SAP-Intern and not on a customer's system to be used. This is, therefore, present only in the internal SAP-Trainerguides. Moreover there are cases wherer database inconsistencies caused by faulty operation of this Reports which are not covered by the SAP Support .

These reports may be present in IDES ECC 6.0, but they can't be used i guess.

There is no alternative solution for this.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards

Arun

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Timothy,

Is it possible to send that doc to me. We have a customer who will be teaching a few classes and this would be very helpful.

Thanks and regards,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u also send me these details please.

Have some training sessions to run and this would be very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution was provided by SAP and involves modifying function LSENAF01

newmy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

if possible please send the solution to me.

tnx

Ulrich

jack_thelen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Timothy,

Could you send that solution to me? We're trying to do some Warehouse Management training that would really benefit from this solution.

Thanks!

--Jack Thelen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses. Arun, You are correct, it is utilized in a training client only. That is what we do, and this utility gets used quite frequently. After we are done with our session, we refresh the client.

I recieved the solution from SAP. It involves a function that needs to be modified manually, and then have the object registered with SAP. Apparently the ZSENQOFF/ZSENQON programs do work but the fucntion for checking the ZENQ table does not..

If you need the solution, I can email you the 10 page word doc.

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi H. Timothy ,

can you pls send me the doc to "2pool (at) gmx.net"

Thanks & regards

Wolfgang

Karen_1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

Would you please be able to send that document through to me also.

Thankyou and kind regards,

Karen

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am locking this. if Timothy wants to share his docs, he can do it by creating a blog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

goto se11 and create a lock object(say zylock) on your table .

u can create shared / exclusive dependng on ur requirement.

once u hav created the lock object u can use

enqueue_zylock (enqueue_ lockobject name) to lock the data & dequeue_zylock to release the lock from ur abap code

Here is the example for locking/unlocking database tables

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/af/22ab01dd0b11d1952000a0c929b3c3/frameset.htm

regards

ajai