Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using attachments in work-flow and creating custom text with key values

kasithunuguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 simple requirements.

1. how to attach a tcode or trigger method of business object for work-flow item. The user should be able to navigate to transaction to see data before approval or rejection.

2. I have created custom task for long text that will be displayed in the SAP inbox. How do I provide key values in this long text. I was able to do in the subject line using Substitution parameters(&Name1& etc..)

Regards

Kasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kasi,

For requirement 1:

A work item is nothing but a task on your work flow.

Every task has control tab on which you specify which method of the business object has to be called.

When the user executes the work item, the same method is called . (You can put call transaction statements inside the code of that method)

kasithunuguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

I did the same thing. see details.

Created Workitem and attached a task "TS92500097". in the task, I mentioned Business Object and method to be called. I have set the binding also for this business object. the method I am calling is nothing but just "display" which is using call transaction. 2 problems here.

1. How do I show this "BusinessObject.Display" as an attachment or link in the mail.

2. how do I assign key values during exection of this attachment or link.

Regards

Kasi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182670
Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Just attach a business object to your work-item. Every object has a default method associated with it (set in SWO1 in defaults tab). When user clicks on object in attachment this default method is launched. In most SAP objects it is 'Display' method which calls transaction to display data.

2.In task description you can use variables which are available in container. Use them in form &OBJECT.ATTRIBUTE&

They will be substituted at runtime with values

kasithunuguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

Thank you very much for quick response. Can you please eloborate first solution. I have set defaults to Display in my business object. but how do I actually add it as attachment in the workflow item.

Regards

Kasi