cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in IDoc to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am still an amateur in XI. I am simulating an IDoc to File scenario. I'm done with the design and configuration. My question is how do we trigger the IDoc from R/3 to XI. I tried the "Start Outbound Processing" in WE19 but in vain. Hoping to get some solutions from you.

Regards

Indudhar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you created following prequisites:

RFC destination: SM59

Partner Profile: WE20

Ports: In Integration system through transaction IDX1 and IDX2 and also check the port settings in application system( from wher u are sending IDOCs) using Transaction WE21

Please check whether the IDOC u are sending is outbound or inbound

Thanks

Abhishek

*******Please Reward points if find helpful*************

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone.. My IDoc is getting triggered successfully. My port configuration was wrong in WE19. But I'm facing another problem now..

I am not able to see my file in the target directory which I specified in the Communication Channel. The status of my message in the Runtime Workbench shows "System Error". Kindly help.

Regards

Indudhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

pls check the file adapter in component monitoring->adapter engine>communication channel monitoring

see the message there,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indudhar,

chek the <b>processing mode</b> of ur receiver communication channel.make sure that there u have choosen the option "create"

Also i will suggest u to check the error in sxmb_moni.check there wat error u r getting..

Regards

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

WE19 is only for testing

Go thru this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb...

2)Normally we can trigger even by BD10,BD12,BD14 for master data.

3)And also while creating partner profiles we have a option trigger idoc immediately or collect and trigger .

With Regards,

Vidya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi indudhar,

a quick check for u:

check if the following are done properly or not...

• R/3 settings:

-bd54--logical system name

-sm59 -- rfc dest pointi8n to XI server, type 3

- we21-- create port. give this rfc dest

- we20 -- create partner profile

• XI settings:

IDX1-- create port, give rfc dest pointing to R/3

Also u mst have the business system created in ur SLD and the logical name of the system shud b the same as the ALE name of ur R/3 client -- this is very imp.

In addition to it, check while sending IDOC from we19 u r giving proper sender and receiver partners...

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indudhar,

Which IDOC type you are using for triggering interface? Also what error did you get when you create idoc using WE19?

You can check idoc status using we02 and status message would give you more details about idoc error. Copy / paste error message.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

take help from the following blog to test in WE19.

/people/suraj.sr/blog/2005/12/29/generate-test-case-for-an-idoc-scenario

Thanx

Aamir

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did U configure all the pre requisites for an IDoc scenario.. like IDX1, IDX2 etc?

VJ