cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amending PO if supplier's unit price changes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

We want to know how we can change certain details on a Purchase Order if the BP (supplier) alters (for example) their prices.

ie we raise a PO, the BP receives this and invoices us for their new price.

I've browsed the forums and thought maybe that I needed to define an approval stage, but I don't understand this!

.............................can anyone help?___________ <b>Paul/Groovy</b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Groovy,

Simply Uncheck the Active Check box on the Approval template like Enriquillo

said and you should be good.

Regards

Suda

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul/Groovy,

A few things I would like to throw light on...

The Purchase Order document can be changed to as long as there are no Goods Receipt PO created for that document. In your case, the change in purchase price from your Vendor can be directly made either on the Purchase Order OR on the Goods Receipt PO itself.

The Goods Receipt PO is the document which creates a G/L entry and also affects your Cost.

NOTE: The advantage of doing it in the Goods Receipt PO is that later on you can generate reports to see the change in price between PO and Goods Receipt PO from a Vendor for decision making purposes.

Please let me know your business need and I can certainly guide you accordingly

Best wishes

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to define an approval procedure, you have to do this:

1 - Define the Approval Stage:

Here you're going to tell SBO 2 things, 1) Who is going to aprove and 2) how many authorizations is going to need this document and

MAIN MENU > ADMINISTRATION > APPROVAL PROCEDURES > APPROVAL STAGES

2 - Define the Approval Template:

Here you're going to tell SBO 4 things:

1) Which user is goint to need an authorization.

2) Which user is goint to give this authorization (APPROVAL STAGE).

3) Which documets are going to be approved.

4) Which case is going to activate the approval procedure.

Regards,

--

Enriquillo

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you. do you know how to delete an Approval that i've added? I tried to incorporate this approval stage but messed up.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just have to make a left click on the approval stage or on the approval template and then click on delete.

If one or more transactions are waiting for approval then you'll can't delete it, but you can deactivate it clicking on on the active check box on the approval template.

Regards,

--

Enriquillo

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you sure you mean left click?

i have set up two approval stages which i want to delete. surely the point at which you choose 'active' is when you are <b>adding</b> an approval template.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats correct remove the check for the Active box and the Approval process would no longer be active.

Also when you are on the Approval Template - setup screen you can click on Data from the Top menu bar and Click Remove

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

there's something not adding up here!

i'm choosing

<b>modules</b> --> <b>administration</b> --> <b>approval procedures</b> --> <b>approval templates</b>

and this is for adding. using these instructions i can add a new template but i dont want to. i want to remove another one!

i also want to remove the existing approval stages

thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

ignore that, it appears that it was an accessibility issue. my supervisor in the office has deleted these approvals for me!

we still have a few issues on changing the existing POs we have (in the test system). we can change prices on most of them but not quantities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do again my first recomendation and try with a Right click next time.