cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Manager error 400

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've installed the download manager and am trying to download a patch for the first time. I'm able to get the download manager to connect and see my download basket, but when I try to download the actual file, I get an error in the status line that reads "request failed: 400." I looked into that request error and it's something to do with a bad response.

I've tried this on two different work stations using two different S number logins. Same problem on both of them. I've also tried downloading different patch files to see if it was just the file. No dice.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to the notes Note 1069565, Note 1082995 and Note 1037574.

The last may best suit for you.

Gowri andh Challagundla

gowrinadh.challagundla@capgemini.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate the response. I'm having trouble finding those notes. I see that notes come up during searches, but I'm can't seem to get those to come up on a search result. Can you tell me how to get to the individual notes?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. Turns out I don't have authorization. I'm going through my admins to try to get that setup.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's start with the basics.

Pop up blocker on the client side?

Will your browser accept 3rd party cookies from the sight?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I may have this question in the wrong forum. When I searched for download manager problems I came across this forum quite a bit, so I put it here.

I'm not having problems with my browser. I'm having troubles with the actual download manager on my machine that I downloaded from service.sap.com. I can connect and load my download shopping cart, but when I tell it to actually download the items, the status bar in the lower left side gives me the error. I wish I could give you a screenshot because that'll help a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is an active x code do be downloaded. It's been a while since I worked with this.