Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - Error BDC_INSERT, Transaction code .. is invalid mm01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abapers,

I am facing the problem in mm01 in create batch session.

LSMW - Error BDC_INSERT, Transaction code .. is invalid mm01

please give me the solution

Thanks & Regard

Nagaraj S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member342013
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in File whether u have " (Double Quotes)...

Check Display Convert data and find for blank data and check your Text file also

This error u will get if u have " in the text file

Regards

Smitha

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that the transaction is in upper case and has a 0, not an O - 'MM01'.

Rob

0 Kudos

where to specify the transaction in LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just follow d link and make ur problem solve

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/LSMW/MMRecording/Page1.htm

if u find it useful,plzz do rewards too.

regards,

ric.s

0 Kudos

Just I want to rectify that error and I wan to know the reason why the error is coming in it .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look into the process Step "Display Converted Data" of the transaction "LSMW"

Search for an entry where the value of the field "TCODE" doesn't match your transaction code "MM01".

Reason of this error:

Sometimes your flat txt-file doesn't have the right data (some undefined codes). This will influence the process step.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

It seems you are new here, you should mark and close your questions correctly in my opinion, i.e. you ask a lot of questions here get loads of help but then don't mark any answers as helpful or correct, except for 1 case! You should also post your solutions when it is solved to help others here.

Refer this:

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

0 Kudos

Jan Bakker wrote:

Look into the process Step "Display Converted Data" of the transaction "LSMW"

Search for an entry where the value of the field "TCODE" doesn't match your transaction code "MM01".

Reason of this error:

Sometimes your flat txt-file doesn't have the right data (some undefined codes). This will influence the process step.

I solved  "Error BDC_INSERT, Transaction code .. is invalid IE01" by doing these steps mentioned above.

Error was under the text file, happen when description for equipment (in my case: Tcode IE01 - Creat new equipment) is too long and then automatic (or may be some other reasons)  break into next line. As a result, the text file include lines not following the rules (first data filed begin with "IE01" or "MM01" (up to the Tcode you're doing with).

former_member342013
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in File whether u have " (Double Quotes)...

Check Display Convert data and find for blank data and check your Text file also

This error u will get if u have " in the text file

Regards

Smitha

0 Kudos

thank you

very help full

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.