What is the best way to remediate clones in upgrade?
We are currently upgrading from 46c to ECC6.0. There are many heavily customized clones that have been reworked by SAP. Can anyone recommend the best way to correct these clones??
Prakash Bhatia replied
We performed the following activities in our upgrade: -
- Identified all the clones based on various criteria like naming standards, sub objects ...
- Checked the original SAP objects in both source and target version
- If the versions were same then we simply remediated the errors
- If the versions were different then we further analyzed the extent of changes by SAP and amount of customization done by the customer
- Based on the details we either remediated or recloned and added the changes to the new clones