Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help on recording in lsmw

kamesh_g
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi fnds dis is kamesh ,, i need small help if anybody know abt multiple recordings in LSMW let me know

thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamesh,

Please refer to the below forum:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=5250831&messageID=2544864

In case you have any further clarifications,do let me know.

Regards,

Puneet Jhari.

0 Kudos

hi puneet i dont know even procedure to do multiple recrdings in lsmw ..i could not find proper answer in link what u have given .. can u give me total procedure if possible or atleast clue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamesh,

what do u mean by multiple recordings in lsmw

If I understood correcty u can do multiple recordings in a single object of same project and subproject with different names.

but.....

You will not be able to use 2 recordings for the same session.

You will be able to use multiple files for different structures e.g one for header ,one for one line item and so on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

utilize search option in the forum,

u come across multiple threads for ur questions,

if u r struck at some point while using multiple recordings.

let us know, so that we can try our level best to resolve ur issue.

Thanks

former_member186078
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamesh,

First mention your both records in the first step of Batch Input recording in the LSMW object by clicking on Right Arrow button. After that in the Field Mapping and Conversion rules step, you can use Events i.e., Beginof_Record_,_End_of_Record_ to handle two different records. For example, in FS00 transaction we can have two types of G/L Accounts, one is P&L Statement account and another is Balance sheet account. So, I have two records for creation of the these different accounts.

Based upon the field value in the file, I need to trigger any one recording. So, we need to write the code in this fashion:

At the Beginof_Record_ of first recording, open the IF condition like

IF <acct_type> = 'P'

and in the Endof_Record_ event of first recording, after "transfer_record" statement, write "ENDIF".

Similarly, write IF condition for another recording. In this way you can handle both recordings in one LSMW object.

Note: If you are not able to see anything in blue colour with the events I am mentioning, press CTRL+F7, set the Global Data Definitions and Processing times indicator and save it. You will see the events.

Regards,

Adithya K

askSAP@googlegroups.com

P.S: Reward points if its useful.