Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository Dropdown List Empty

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

hello everyone,

i'm trying to create an MDM system object in the portal. when i specify the server name and click "next", on the next screen to select a repository, the dropdown list of repository names is empty.

i log onto the console and i have two repositories loaded and running, so i was expecting to them in the dropdown list.

i also have two important questions while debugging the problem:

1) on the screen where i specify the MDM server, there is also a field for password. i didn't enter one, but that password field is for the Admin user? I tried putting in the admin password, but got the same results. So what is the password field for? Which MDM user id?

2) my MDM server is at 5.5.41.58 and the MDM java API portal component is at 5.5.42.65. the application and technology portal components are also at 5.5.41.58. is this java api version difference the problem?

thanks and let me know if you have any ideas,

mm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

If the application is requiring a password when connecting to a server, this password is a specific server-level password (not related to the "Admin" user of a repository); if it has not been set on the server, the password is blank. I would be surprised to hear that the application is written in such a way to require dissemination of this password, as it controls a variety of server-level permissions for the Console operations (such as creating, mounting, and deleting a repository). The server-level password is not required to retrieve information about which repositories are mounted and running on the server.

As for the second part of your question, 5.5.41.xx is not compatible with 5.5.42.xx -- you will need to upgrade your components to the same version to get things working correctly. There is probably a failure occuring when attempting to retrieve the mounted/running repositories that you're not seeing, because of the difference in version.

Hope this helps,

-Cleopatra

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cleopatra,

Thanks for all that great information!

No, the system creation wizard doesn't require a password; the field is optional. and it is just a password field, no user id, so that's where i had gotten confused as to what user it could possibly be. but i tried all combinations (no password then the admin password) and the results are the same.

So i'm convinced that the problem must be version related as i've seen other posts on other topics and the resolution was to make sure the versions are compatible.

Ok, i will look into getting the server upgraded. hope that works. i will let you know.

thanks very much for your info,

mm

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Cleopatra,

after reverting the java api to 5.5.41.xx, it now works fine.

thanks,

mm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear you got it working! Although my recommendation would be to upgrade to 5.5.42.xx, rather than downgrade to 5.5.41.xx... Anyhow, that'll be a project for another day!

Cheers,

Cleopatra

Answers (0)